Tauernhofs 5=4 SpecialYou get one night for free!
Brand-new cable car connection from Kaprun via Maiskogel to the Kitzsteinhorn
With the 3K K-onnection to the ski region of superlatives
Since winter 2019/20, a new cable car connection sets new standards for skiing: Right from Kaprun you can reach the Langwiedboden and a bit further up you will find yourself on the glacier. This is ski fun in a new dimension: Ski-in ski-out of the finest, 100% snow guarantee from October to the spring months and a varied offer of pistes for skiers and boarders, families and freeride geeks.
Unique cable car route in the Salzburger Land
A connection for skiers from the valley to the Kitzsteinhorn has been a dream dreamt for generations. Now the big vision has finally been realised. The first step of the new connection was already finished before winter 2018/19 with the brand-new MK Maiskogelbahn. From Kaprunâ€™s centre non-stop to the family ski region Maiskogel - a comfortable connection not only for ski heroes of every age group but also for leisurely vacationers and for bikers and hikers in summer. The crowning step could be realised in November 2019: Salzburgâ€™s first 3S cable car closes the gap in the cable car axis from Kaprun to the summit of the Kitzsteinhorn.
The new Kaprun Center at the valley station of the new cable car with BrĂĽndl Sports Shop and a state-of-the-art ski depot completes the ski experience with more quality and comfort.
3K K-onnection: the hard facts
- longest cable car connection with six cable cars in a row & 12 kilometres length: MK Maiskogelbahn, 3K Maiskogel-Langwied, Gletscherjet 2, Gletscherjet 3, Gletscherjet 4 and Gletscher Shuttle
- biggest difference in altitude in the Eastern Alps from 768 m to 3,029 m
- two access possibilities:
- Kaprun Center via Kâ€‘onnection: for everyone who can reach the foot of the valley station of the MK Maiskogelbahn
- Gletscherjet valley station: for day guests and everyone who wants to get quickly and straight to the glacier on the Kitzsteinhorn
- MK Maiskogelbahn with 123 cabs for 10 persons each since December 2018
- 3K K-onnection with 32 cabs for 32 persons each since November 2019
- Ski-in & Ski-out from the village of Kaprun to the glacier
- Highest piste quality and 100% snow guarantee thanks to the glacier ski region
With the Ski Alpin Card to a borderless ski arena
In addition to the 3K K-onnection a further highlight waits for the skiers in the ski region Zell am See-Kaprun. The new Ski Alpin Card enables you the access to three premium ski regions in the state of Salzburg. With only one ski pass you can explore more than 400 piste kilometres, connected by more than 120 lifts, in the Salzburger Land and in the neighbouring Tyrol. You will hardly find more fun and action, garnished with snow guarantee on the glacier Kitzsteinhorn, in the ski destination Salzburger Land.
From the Hotel Tauernhof, the free ski bus takes you comfortably and environmentally friendly in a few minutes to the gateway to endless ski fun. Step out of the shuttle and onto the pistes - Ski-in Ski-out of the finest in your winter holidays in Zell am See-Kaprun.
Quickly & comfortably to the piste â€“ without lugging!
Carrying your ski equipment can be very cumbersome sometimes! Either you squeeze yourself into a ski bus or you have to load your equipment into the car every day. In order to make your ski holidays even more comfortable we have reserved Tauernhof ski depot lockers right at the valley station MK Maiskogelbahn at a cheap price! For details & infos you can always contact us!